Taiwan Head and neck society was founded on July 29, 2006
Head and neck tumors are defined as the neoplasms from the face, skull base, nasopharynx, nasal cavity, oral cavity, oropharynx, larynx, hypopharynx, thyroid or the neck. Given this, treatment for head and neck tumors requires the multidiscipline approach. On July 29, 2006, the doctors who are in charge of head and neck oncology from Taiwan founded the “Taiwan Head and Neck Society”. Taiwan Head and Neck Society, abbreviated as “THNS”, was inaugurated on July 29, 2006 by 95 doctors who were interested in the head and neck oncology in Taiwan. Professor Sheng-Po Hao served as the founding president. This society is currently growing and is becoming the most important society of head and neck oncology in Taiwan. Now we have more than 600 active members including head and neck surgeons, dentists, head and neck oncology nurses, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, rehabilitation therapists, plastic surgeons, and head and neck scientists.
The purposes of the society are to promote the education of head and neck oncology, to encourage the researches on head and neck oncology, to facilitate public awareness of head and neck cancers and to promote the international student exchange and collaborations. The long-term goal of the society is to develop the best strategies in prevention, screening, and treatment of head and neck cancers in Taiwan.
- 1 To have the annual and international academic conferences on head and neck oncology
- 2 To publish the official journal and books on head and neck oncology
- 3 To facilitate domestic and international collaborations in head and neck cancers
- 4 To promote education and researches on head and neck oncology
- 5 To research other important issues related to head and neck oncology